HOBBS OF HENLEY LTD
ONLINE BOOKING - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All Public Fare Paying river trips depart from Hobbs of Henley Ltd, Station Road, Henley on Thames, Oxon, RG9 1AZ. The only exception is the return fares which depart from the Royal Regatta start point during Henley Royal Regatta week, usually first week in July.
2. Passengers are permitted to board no earlier than 15 minutes prior to departure.
3. Public River trips can only be booked in advance of the trip online from Hobbs of Henley website. Tickets can be purchased on the day in person from Hobbs of Henley Reception Office. All River trip Tickets are zero rated for VAT.
4. The company may at the discretion of the captain vary the course of the cruise, should circumstances make this necessary. The company does not guarantee that any vessel will commence or complete any journey or part thereof in any given time if conditions are beyond the control of the company.
5. River Trips are subject to the river and weather conditions being satisfactory at the time of sailing. If strong stream and/or wind conditions prevent a sailing taking place, the vessel will remain moored at Hobbs of Henley boatyard for the duration of the trip.
6. All persons using any part of the premises, boats or facilities for whatever purpose and whether by invitation or otherwise, do so at their own risk, unless injury or damage to person or property sustained within the premises, boats or facilities was caused by, or resulted from our negligence or deliberate act or that of those for whom we are responsible.
7. We do not accept liability for any loss resulting from our failure to provide an advertised service, or where delay occurs to those services, for any other reason. We may, however, at our discretion, consider a refund as a direct result of a failure on our part to provide the advertised service.
8. Our vessels have not been designed or adapted for passengers in wheelchairs. We recommend that you satisfy yourself as to its suitability for wheelchair access before booking.
9. If you are a wheelchair user we recommend that you ensure that you have enough helpers to aid you to embark and disembark the vessel safely. Our crew are not permitted to lift wheelchairs on and off the vessel.
10. For health and safety reasons wheelchairs are not permitted to obstruct any access to safety and life saving equipment, gangways, stairs or passageways on board the vessels.
11. In accordance with the environment agency (Thames region) by all music must be stopped when approaching and passing through a lock. Hirers are requested to control their parties from making undue noise when passing through a lock, and particularly late at night when disembarking from Hobbs of Henley vessels.
12. The hirer shall make good/and or pay for all losses, damage or breakages to any fixture, fittings machinery or equipment. The hirer will be liable for any costs incurred by Hobbs of Henley in respect of specialist cleaning due to vomiting or spillage by the hirer or any of the hirers guests during a charter.
13. It is the responsibility of the hirer to acquaint each member of his party with the above conditions of hire as laid down by the company.
14. Hobbs of Henley Ltd have been granted a premises license from south Oxfordshire district council under the licensing act 2003. The vessels are permitted to serve alcohol from 10am to 12 midnight. Hobbs of Henley Ltd operate a zero tolerance policy towards underage drinking, the taking and possession of illegal substances and drunken aggressive behavior towards passengers or crew. If a cruise has to be abandoned due to breaches of our premises license conditions, no refund shall be given. Details of our premises license are available on request.
15. No food or drink is permitted to be taken on board and consumed on the public river trips.
There are two types of Public River trips ticket from Hobbs of Henley.
Type 1:- Scheduled sightseeing trips where no food, drink or entertainment are available onboard. These are the daily one hour river trips, Regatta river taxi between Hobbs and Regatta start, and 2 hour sightseeing trip during summer holidays.
Type 2: Special Themed River trips such as Mother's Day Lunch, Traditional Jazz Cruise, Wildlife Cruise, Spice Merchant Henley Festival Cruise, and Comedy on the Water, Xmas Party Nights, and Santa Cruises.
For River Trip Type 1
Refunds will be given if these cannot take place due to adverse weather conditions.
No refund will be give if these scheduled trips are running late due to conditions beyond the company's control.
For River Trip Type 2
If adverse river weather conditions prevent a sailing taking place, the vessel will remain tied up at the boatyard for the duration of the cruise. The pre-ordered entertainment can be enjoyed onboard whilst tied up. Therefore no refund will be given.
Hobbs of Henley reserves the right to postpone any ticketed cruises due to adverse river conditions/insufficient ticket sales/performer illness. In the event of postponement - customers will be given the option to rebook on a new date or receive a refund on the ticket price only. Hobbs of Henley will not be responsible for any additional costs.
When you leave the river trip, please make sure that you have taken all your belongings with you. If you do leave any property on the vehicle, whilst the company will make every effort to return it to you, it cannot be held responsible for it. We will only keep lost property for a maximum of one month.
Our vessels all operate within a code of conduct adhered to by The Passenger Boat Association, and Governed in their operation by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. Our safety standards are over and above the levels required and insurances meet the existing statutes recommended by Maritime Law.
Accident and Loss
Please note that the Company does not accept any liability for loss or damage or delay or inconvenience, howsoever the same are caused, save for death or personal injury unless they are a result of the negligence of the employees of the company.
We have an obligation to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. When you provide us with information by which you can be identified, it will only be used for the purpose for which it was originally collected and any other lawful purpose which we must comply with.
The Data protection Act 1998 provide the customer with rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you.
- To be provided with a copy of your personal data
- To prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress
- To prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- To request action to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data.
- Personal data is not held for longer than is necessary, and when such data have been earmarked for destruction appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that data cannot be reconstructed and processed by third parties.
SELF-DRIVE CONDITIONS OF HIRE
In addition to our standard terms and conditions the following additional terms apply:
- Prices include fuel, VAT, lock tolls and insurance.
- Hirers are responsible for any loss or damage to the craft if caused by their negligence.
- Payment for the period of hire must be made before the commencement of hire.
We do not accept advance bookings for self drive launches by the hour, our minimum hire for booking one of our self drive launches are the following:
- Olympic Class - Full Day 10am-6pm
- Pilot/Fisher Class - Full Day 10am-6pm
- Edwardian Class - Full Day 10am-6pm
- Alfastreet Class - Full Day 10am-6pm
- Antaris Class - Full Day 10am-6pm
to hire self drive boats for less than a day
(as detailed above) advance bookings are not possible - Please drop by our rental point on the day of your visit and if the boat you are interested in is available you can hire by the hour
- Self-drive hires are subject to river conditions
- Cancellation policy for advance bookings only - No refunds will be given unless river conditions prevent the hire taking place.
- If more than one boat is booked under the same party then a £100 deposit per boat wil be held against any damage made to the boat.
- If you proceed with on-line payment you are agreeing to our terms and conditions of hire.
- Special terms of booking exist for Henley Royal Regatta - please contact 01491 572035 to book.
- It is not possible to book online for Henley Royal Regatta.